Queenstown International Airport makes getting here easy. Just a short 3 hour direct flight from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and the Gold Coast, or alternatively you can connect daily from Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch.Air New Zealand, Qantas, Virgin and Jetstar all fly to and from Queenstown Airport.
Many guests choose to fly directly into Queenstown, although it is also popular to include Queenstown as part of a wider itinerary of the South Island and/or New Zealand as a whole. Regardless of the length of your visit, Queenstown is definitely a ‘must see’ place to visit and we consider it the BEST place in New Zealand to get married!
Air travel times
- Sydney to Queenstown- 3 hours
- Melbourne to Queenstown- 3 hours
- Brisbane to Queenstown- 3.5 hours
- Auckland to Queenstown- 1.40 hours
- Wellington to Queenstown- 1.20 hours
- Christchurch to Queenstown- 50 minutes
- Christchurch to Queenstown (486km) 6 hours
- Dunedin to Queenstown (283km) 3.5 hours
- Fox Glacier to Queenstown (381km) 5 hours
- Wanaka to Queenstown (67km) 1 hour
- Mount Cook to Queenstown (254km) 3.5 hours
- Picton to Queenstown (814km) 11 hours