As New Zealanders continue to unite for recovery against Covid-19, supporting local business in Aotearoa is now more important than ever, even on your Queenstown wedding day! If you’re looking to shop local when planning your wedding, here are our top tips:
1. Stock the bar with local liquor Central Otago is famous for pinot noir, but Queenstown wineries grow many different varieties and even make their own bubbly – perfect for your Queenstown wedding toast! Did you know there are also delicious local craft beers and spirits to enjoy? Book a tasting to try before you buy.
2. Use community conscious cateringFill your Queenstown wedding menu with local delicacies including organic veggies, real fruit ice cream, wild venison, and artisan cheeses. You and your guests will love it!
3. Find seasonal flowers with your floristTrust your Queenstown florist to create Instagram-able floral magic whilst also supporting local flower growers. You can even have your bouquet pressed and preserved as a keep sake!
4. Give back with your wedding gifts
A guilt free Queenstown wedding registry option where guests can give a little and it means a lot to those in need. Some local charities that the QWA support are Baskets of Blessing Meals and Family Works Southland.
Treat your guests to some money off at one of Queenstown’s top cafes, bars, restaurants, or activities. There’s so many to choose from!
6. Local designer dresses
Still looking for the perfect Queenstown wedding dress or need to arrange finishing touches to your wedding suit? Queenstown boasts some amazing design talent and shopping experiences for you and your whole wedding party. Book a consult now to get those creative juices flowing!
7. Beautiful and bespoke wedding ringsYou’ll wear your wedding rings every day forever, so they need to be made well and made to last. Trust our talented Queenstown jewellers who can design and create something beautiful and durable, just for you!
8. Support an essential service
We’ve all been through the ringer with lockdown in different ways. But our essential services have kept us going throughout it all. Brighten up their day with some left over wedding flowers or cake and you’ll be beaming with joy too!